Live Auction 2017 Slideshow
Fall Festival 2017 Update
The 48th Annual Fall Festival Weekend!
Gather for fellowship, fun, food and music! This year presents some challenges with the expansion construction, but our Festival Leadership has been hard at work planning the necessary accommodations for this year’s event.
- MUSIC— On Saturday, enjoy a variety of parishioner talent 3-5pm, Jim Allen performs 6-7pm, Dan Perry and John Evans will delight us with their favorites 7-10pm (sponsored by Premier Banks). Sunday: Outdoor music 12-4pm. Enjoy the Southside Band, VBS kids, and Gary Nelson. Back by popular demand is the group, “Red in the Middle” 2-4pm. The Festival Choir will sing at the 5pm, 9am and 11am Masses.
- QUILT RAFFLE— Purchase chances to win the quilts, “Emerald City” and “Emerald Mini” sewn by St. Odilia quilters. Made with love and beautiful too.
- RAFFLE TICKETS—This IS the major fundraising part of the festival. Raffle tickets will not be mailed. Pick up your tickets after weekend Masses. Tickets are $5.00 each and there are 14 opportunities to win cash prizes with a total of $6,600.00 in prizes. The grand prize being $2,500.00. Purchased tickets can be mailed to the parish office in the return envelope provided or placed in the Sunday collection. If you would like additional blank tickets to sell, stop in the parish office Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30pm. We are blessed with the support of the following businesses sponsoring our raffle this year: Grandmas Bakery, TST Catering, David Vanneste Group (Edina Reality), Premier Banks, Eibensteiner Group Real Estate (Remax Results), Serene Oaks Dental, Anchor Bank and Impressive Print.
- DONATIONS — Your donations and proceeds from the Fall Festival are used to support this annual event and our ministry areas at St. Odilia. In the past, the festival has raised more than $55,000 annually. This year’s festival will need to be scaled back somewhat due to the construction, so your monetary gift to the Fall Festival is especially welcomed and needed. We also need donated items to support Book Nook, Cake Walk, Candy Shoppe, Bottle Blast and Farmer’s Market.
- LIVE AUCTION— Limited pick up starting on Wed., August 23. Trailer will be open for drop offs Saturday and Sunday mornings staring August 19.
- SILENT AUCTION— Please donate items to help make a basket or make up your own complete basket (suggested minimum value of $30-$50 or more).
- Food Trucks — A variety of foods will be offered. The construction does not allow us the space or electrical power needed to prepare and serve the traditional Festival foods.
- VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AND TALENTS — Many volunteers are needed throughout the weekend and two weeks prior. Please grace us with your God-given talents and commit to a two-hour opportunity. You can be part of the experience that brings joy to our many festival patrons. There is something for everyone!! Volunteer recruitment weekend is August 19/20 after Masses in the Courtyard.
Fall Festival Raffle Quilts 2017
The Emerald City quilt pattern was designed by Colleen Wise and our version was beautifully custom-quilted by our talented and generous friends at After-All Long Arm Quilting. Chances to win the quilts are priced five for $5.00 or $2.00 apiece. Fall Festival game tickets are accepted in payment for chances as well as your cash or check. The winning tickets will be drawn by an impartial and ordained observer on Sunday, Sept. 10 at the end of the Festival activities. Winning either quilt, for yourself or to give as a gift, is a fun way to cap off the Festival. Thank you for your support of the quilt project!
Contact Suzanne Shearon at 651-490-7723 or Sharon Fiebiger at 651-415-0530 for more information on this year’s quilts or to get involved with planning or making next year’s quilt. No sewing or quilting experience necessary.
|Emerald City (99" x 104")
||Emerald Mini (14" x 20")
Fall Festival Donations
The Book Nook:
The Book Nook is still part of the Fall Festival this year. We want your good-condition adult fiction and non-fiction books (travel, biography, political, religious, etc.) for our supply. If you’re finished with a current best-seller, we’d love to have it – and the revenue helps maintain parish programs. Classics are desired, plus any large-print books you may have (for large-print book donations, please keep them separate and mark the bag accordingly. FYI: any large-print books that don’t sell are donated to area senior-living homes.) Also:
· Children books of all variety are extremely popular
· Young Adult books
· Gently used coloring books
· Cook books and Craft books
· Records, CD’s and DVD’s
· Crossword puzzle books
· Jigsaw puzzles
· Good-condition board games
· Note: No college textbooks, encyclopedias or magazines (unless “collectible” editions)
Please put your items in brown bags marked “BOOK NOOK” and leave at the NE entrance to the Courtyard every weekend starting in July. Questions: Call Kathy at 651-484-5168. Thank you for your donations!
Save the Date!
Save the Date for the 2017 Fall Festival!
Fall Festival 2017 is September 9 and 10, the weekend after Labor Day.
Festival hours will be Saturday 3-10pm and Sunday 12-4pm
The raffle drawing begins at 4:15pm.
Live Auction Items Needed